FB-85Contact a Sales Rep
The Roadtec FB-85 broom stands up to the punishment your highway projects dole out. It’s constructed the Roadtec way: solid, dependable, and durable. Roadtec axle capacity of 14,000 lbs (6,350 kg) comes in at twice the strength of competing models. Thanks to the telescoping broom head, the front-mounted FB-85 model allows the operator to switch brooms quickly. Our side shift feature prevents tire wear when sweeping next to a curb. You can mount the broom drive motor on the right or left side of the broom head. It’s switched over easily so you can flush-sweep on both sides. Sealed brakes, easy engine access and a well-designed cab add even more value.
Telescoping Broom Head
The broom head on the FB-85 can be hydraulically extended in and out to handle brushes from 72" (183 cm) wide to 96" (244 cm) wide. This also allows the broom head to side shift to help keep your tires from rubbing against curbs and edges of milling cuts.
Pivot Broom Head
The broom head can be angled 33° to either direction. This feature along with the exclusive side shift capability allow you to get into places you never could before.
Clean, Comfortable Cab
The cab on the FB-85 is the best seat on the job. Being climate controlled and pressurized, you will be comfortable and the cab will be kept free of dust.
- Engine MFGCaterpillar
- Emissions StandardTier III
- Max Powerhp (kW)83 (62)
- Number of Cylinders4
- Electrical SystemVolts12
Weight And Dimensions
- Overall LengthInches (m)185.5 (4.71)
- Transport WidthInches (m)80 (2.04)
- Overall heightInches (m)10' 2" (3.1)
- Tire SizeLT225-75 R15
- WheelbaseInches (m)68 (2.29)
- Shipping WeightLbs (kg)7,500 (3,400)
- Hydraulic Tank CapacityGal (liters)49 (185)
- Fuel Tank CapacityGal (liters)40 (151)
- Axle CapacityLbs (kg)14,000 (6,350) each
- Drive AxleFront
- Steering AxleRear
- Working Speedmph (kph)to 13 (21)
- Travel Speedmph (kph)to 22 (35)