RP-170e/ex Asphalt Paver
The RP-170e is an 8 foot (2.5m) wide rubber-tire asphalt paver with a compact wheelbase for greater maneuverability without sacrificed performance. The RP-170e contains Roadtec’s exclusive anti-segregation design which now includes a wider feed tunnel and larger augers. Operator stations hydraulically swing out, allowing the operator to see down the side of the machine. Controls with ergonomic design of switch placements are on the armrest for operator comfort even through long shifts.
The stack-free view and the Clearview FXS fume extraction system provide a clear line of sight to the front of the tractor and back to the augers.
Roadtec’s Guardian remote telematics and diagnostics system is unparalleled in the industry. The feature helps you protect your investment and provides a way for Roadtec’s Service team to remotely view and adjust the machine in real time to assist with any necessary diagnostics.
All Roadtec Asphalt Pavers start with an extremely strong frame completely fabricated, welded and assembled by us. This gives us complete control over the design and quality of the build.
All Roadtec Asphalt Pavers use Sauer Danfoss® hydraulic pumps for propel and material feed. These large easily serviced pumps allow the entire hydraulic circuit to run extremely cool greatly prolonging the life and lowering the maintenance costs of all components.
The auger assembly on Roadtec pavers can be hydraulically raised, lowered, or even tilted. This feature can assist in eliminating segregation in certain mixes and is very helpful during the loading and unloading process as well as constructing “supers”. Standard sonic feed sensors control each side of the feed system.
All Roadtec pavers feature a 13” (330 mm) high conveyer opening for excellent throughput and have bolt-in wear resistant liners. Each conveyer is independently driven so material delivery can be fine tuned for each side. The space between the conveyers has been minimized which allows mix to be conveyed out as one uniform flow, greatly reducing segregation.
Delta Plate and Close Proximity of Augers to Conveyors
The delta plate defines the front wall of the material tunnel, preventing mix from rolling forward under the paver, a main cause of centerline segregation. It also removes mix from the conveyors providing better conveyor efficiency. The augers are kept very close to the discharge of the conveyors so that material is always kept live and moving and not just dumped on the ground.
Seats of the dual operator stations hydraulically move out beyond the sides of the machine to give the operator an excellent view down the sides of the machine, back to the screed and down to the material tunnel. On-the-fly movement allows the operator to be in the best position while paving but move in as they approach trees or other obstacles.
- Shipping length of tractor only Feet (mm) 16' 3" (4953)
- Shipping length with rear mount screed Feet (mm) 22' 5" (6832)
- Shipping width Feet (mm) 8' 10" (2693)
- Shipping height Feet (mm) 10' 1/4" (3067)
- Tractor Operating Width Feet (mm) 10' 5" (3175)
- Wheelbase Feet (mm) 6' 4" (1905)
- Weight of tractor only lbs (kg) 29,280 (13,281)
- Weight with S-8 Screed lbs (kg) 34,580 (15,685)
- Weight with EZ-IV-8 Screed lbs (kg) 35,630 (16,161)
- Weight with Eagle 8 Screed lbs (kg) 36,780 (16,683)
- Fuel Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 81 (306)
- Hydraulic Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 66 (250)
- Cooling System Gal (liters) 8.75 (33)
- DEF Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 5 (19)
- Final Drive 2 spd.
- Number of Drive Pumps 2
- Number of Drive Motors 2
- Paving speed fpm (mpm) to 300 (80)
- Travel speed mph (kph) to 10 (14)
- Rear tire size 16.00-24
- Front tire size inches (mm) 12 (304) x 22 (559)
- Steering Steering Wheel
- Controls movement Hydraulic swing
- Suspension Rubber Tire
- Front Bogies Balanced
- Hopper width Feet (m) 10" 5" (3175)
- Hopper Capacity ton (mt) 11.5 (10.4)
- Feed Control Sonic and flow gates
- Auger Diameter inches (mm) 16" (406)
- Distance between augers and back wall inches (mm) 1.5" (38)
- Minimum auger height inches (mm) 2" (51)
- Hydraulic Tunnel Extensions Option
Whether it is service and maintenance training or operations and best practices training, our expert service and application personnel can fill that need.ROADTEC TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES