With 1055 hp the RX-900e/ex is the most productive cold planer available. Power and heavy-duty construction make the RX-900e/ex the tool to own for high-productivity, half-lane or full-lane milling. The Tier 4 Final engine does not require DEF fluid as a component of the after treatment system, reducing the operation costs typically required at this emission standard. This cold planer is available with either four-track or three-track assemblies. The machine cuts up to 14” (35.6 cm) deep and can be outfitted to work with different cutting widths. Standard widths are 7’2” (218cm), 8’2” (249cm), 12’ (366cm), 12’6” (381cm), and 13’ (396cm). Additional custom width can be supplied. Like all Roadtec planers this model features 60° front load-out conveyor swing. All Roadtec cold planers are designed for ease of maintenance and repair.
All Roadtec Milling Machines start with an extremely strong frame completely fabricated, welded, and assembled by Roadtec. This gives us complete control over the design and quality of the build. We are the only manufacturer to use A656 Grade 80 steel throughout the frame. This special grade of steel has twice the strength of the mild steel that is commonly used. This allows us to build a stronger, lighter frame than anybody else in the industry.
Dust Extraction System
Standard dust extraction system pulls dust from the primary conveyor and ejects the material along the secondary conveyor into the dump truck.
ACE Grade and Slope Automation with Auto-Cut
ACE™ Automates the elevation of the machine through a combination of grade and slope sensors. The ACE option includes three user friendly control panels to be placed at the operator station and at the sides of the machine to make the milling operation as simple and convenient as possible.
Dual Water Spray Bars
Roadtec milling machines have two independent spray bars to inject water in the cutter housing. The front spray bar is primarily for dust suppression, the rear spray bar cools the drum.
Secondary Conveyor Swing
All Roadtec milling machines offer a 60 degree conveyor swing, allowing you to easily feed a truck in an adjacent lane or around a tight bend such as in a cul-de-sac.
Three Track or Four Track - It's Your Choice
Both three track and four track configurations have benefits, so Roadtec gives you the power to choose which is best for you.
A folding secondary conveyor is available on all Roadtec milling machine models to aid in transport and loading.
- Engine MFG Caterpillar
- Model C 27
- Emissions Standard RX-900e : Tier IV
- RX-900ex: Tier III
- Max Power hp (kW) 1050 (783) @ 1,800 rpm
- Number of Cylinders 6
- Electrical System Volts 24
- Shipping length Feet (m) 55' 6" (16.91)
- Shipping width Feet (m) 9' 4" (2.83)
- Shipping height Feet (m) 11' 5" (3.48)
- Max Cut Depth Inches (mm) 14" (355)
- Standard Cut Widths Inches (cm) 86" (218), 98" (249), and 150" (381)
- Max Cut Width Inches (cm) 150" (381)
- Inside turning radius Feet (m) RX-900e/ex-3 Track: 8' (2.43)
- RX-900e/ex-4 Track: 8' 7" (2.61)
- Shipping Weight (w/ 86" Cutter Housing) lbs (kg) RX-900e/ex-3 Track: 94,000 lbs (42,637)
- RX-900e/ex-4 Track: 98,000 lbs (44,452)
- Hydraulic Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 125 (471)
- Fuel Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 360 (1363)
- Water Tank Capacity Gal (liters) 1,300 (4920)
Whether it is service and maintenance training or operations and best practices training, our expert service and application personnel can fill that need.ROADTEC TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES